As a buyer, you do not have to let the generic, negative perceptions about real estate influence their real estate decisions. You can educate yourself about the local market, and in the end, assess your own personal circumstances to decide for yourself if now is the right time for you.
Other helpful resources include:
• Real Stories - Hear first hand from other New Jersey buyers, one of whom may have bought in the same town that you’ve been eyeing.
• Tips and resources specific to buyers
• Market facts - Find out more about great opportunities for buyers right now, including record-low mortgage rates, and increased affordability.
• Finding a REALTOR®- REALTORS® know local market conditions better than anyone and can help you decide if now is the right time to buy.
• N.J. Multiple Listing Services - allows interested parties to search for home listings in specific areas of the Garden State.
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) prepares various how-to videos such as how to help prospective homeowners find a home they can afford, how to shop for a mortgage they can sustain, and what to expect when they go to closing.